Cosmetic Dental Services
With all the coffee, wine and other foods that have the ability to stain our teeth on a daily basis, even proper maintenance sometimes leaves them a little lackluster. Teeth whitening is an excellent way to restore the natural color of your teeth or even make them whiter than your natural color if you would like.
To accomplish the whitening of your teeth, we utilize a tray whitening system. This often results in a whiter smile of 4 – 8 shades!
Post–whitening instructions after Teeth Whitening
For the next 48 hours, dark staining substances should be avoided, such as:
- Red wine, Cola, Coffee and tea
- Berries such as cherries, blueberries, strawberries
- Tobacco products
- Red sauces, Mustard or ketchup, Soy sauce
- Total treatment time is usually 2 – 3 weeks. Some cases may take longer, especially if treatment is interrupted.
- Make sure you brush and floss thoroughly prior to each treatment. The bleaching gel can work better if it is in contact with the tooth rather than plaque buildup.
- Mild sensitivity to cold liquids or air may occur. This usually passes a few days after treatment is completed. If the sensitivity is severe or persists, discontinue using the gel and contact our office.
- If you experience any gum irritation, let us know. Your custom tray may need to be adjusted.
- Results can be quite dramatic. However upon completion of the teeth whitening process, the color will “tone down” somewhat. This is normal and actually looks more natural.
- Long term results vary from patient to patient. This can depend on many factors including habits such as smoking or coffee, tea, wine, or cola consumption.
- “Touch-up” treatments may be needed every 3 – 6 months. This can usually be accomplished in 1 or 2 treatments of 1 – 2 hours each. Extra bleaching syringes are available at our office.
- Existing fillings, crowns, bonding, etc. will not whiten. Therefore, these restorations may need to be changed in order to match your new smile.
Veneers are an excellent way to redesign and reshape your entire mouth. Veneers are a very thin ceramic shell that covers your existing tooth structure. In placing these new veneers on your teeth, you are able to fix the look of issues such as staining, cracked teeth, spaces, misaligned teeth, chipped teeth and many other issues.
As the veneers are finalized, we will make every effort to make sure that your new veneers will feel just like your natural teeth. We will bond them into place ensuring that you can enjoy your new smile for a very long time!